Learning and Development Manager
Leads collaborative Learning and Development teams delivering high impact programs. Proven record of success conducting learning needs assessments, designing curricula, and deploying sophisticated, effective learning experiences. Demonstrated expertise combining instructional and data-driven design methodologies, technical acumen, and adult learning theory for impactful blended learning solutions while controlling costs. Outstanding program and project management skills guiding multi-functional teams to deliver world-class results. Continually focused on evolving learning trends, theories, and technologies. 15+ year’s Management and industry experience.
Blunt Learning Services
Senior Learning and Development Manager / Leader
Consultant that leads innovations in the strategies, designs, technologies, and methods of effective and efficient learning experiences to align them with organizational goals.
- Provides 16 business training workshops at the Inter-personal, Managerial, and Organizational levels.
- Designs individualized Learning Strategies for organizations aligned with business needs.
Senior interactive Project Manager
Administered $1M budget and led 10 Instructional designers, graphic artists, and developers to over $2M in business contracts.
- Oversaw design, development, and deployment of 3D Icon Aircraft flight simulator to 2K global learners.
- Innovated interactive experiences for museums, aquariums, visitor centers, and cultural institutions, including kiosks, touch screens, displays, and augmented reality.
- Saved $50K annually through introduction of Function Point cloud-based project management solution.
- Introduced Scrum events and ceremonies into development process.
Practice Director, Learning and Development
Established strategic vision for Federal government and commercial learning and development offerings. Directed team of six instructional designers, graphic artists, multimedia developers, and subject matter experts (SMEs).
- Wrote proposals that secured $750K in oil and gas contracts.
- Designed and developed Level 2 Interactivity web-based training (WBT) for Shell Oil.
LinkVisum Consulting Group
Senior Manager of Learning Services
Conceived and executed business development plans and client engagement strategies. Administered $1M budget, assembled, and led top performing team of eight instructional designers, graphic and multimedia artists, and SMEs to design and develop cloud-based training.
- Delivered Level 2 interactivity WBT to the Federal Aviation Administration.
- Authored proposals resulting in $2M+ in contract wins.
Adayana Government Group
Senior Learning Consultant
Engaged C-level leadership, government officials, stakeholders, and decision makers to understand requirements and identify performance pain points. Ideated solutions and strategies aligned with organizational goals with a focus on blended synchronous and asynchronous online learning and serious games.
- Wrote 50+ proposals that captured $5M in new contracts.
- Leveraged expertise with synchronous and asynchronous learning, Levels 3 and 4 interactivity WBT, gamification, serious games, and simulations to efficiently produce effective and immersive training.
Oak Grove Technologies
Led 25 instructional and graphic designers, multimedia specialists, programmers, and SMEs to innovate training solutions for federal agencies and commercial enterprises. Composed proposals and statements of work. Managed full life cycle product development strategies: liaised with enterprise customers to identify needs and gaps, determined technology stack, created product roadmaps, and estimated effort. Monitored progress to ensure on time and on budget delivery of quality digital learning systems.
- Captured $1.8M in public and private contracts; gained competitive differentiation through prioritization of product and feature development, effective pricing strategies, while aligning goals and team capabilities.
- Expanded eLearning team from five to 25 personnel within six months.
Department of Defense Advanced Distributed Learning Initiative
Chief Game and Simulation Scientist
Spearheaded DoD Advanced Distributed Learning (ADL) serious games program. Researched, devised, and implemented roadmap to establishing game-based learning and product development.
- Created SCORM compliant game prototypes aligned with DoD ADL program requirements.
- Facilitated adoption and conveyed efficacy of game-based learning via 100+ live webinars.
- Led the interdependent work streams including Standards, Design Principles, Business Model(s), Communication, and Game Industry involvement.
Associate Professor Game and Simulation Programming
Researched Game and Simulation Programming (GSP) major learning, training, education, and emerging instructional design trends, tools, techniques, and best practices. Estimated effort, resources, materials, and budgets for program training and support. Formed GSP Advisory Board exhibiting teamwork and collaboration.
- Formulated content standards and curricula for Modification and Level Design, Applied Development Project, Multimedia Programming, and Game Engine Design and Integration.
- Taught Introduction to Game and Simulation Development, Practical Game Design, and Simulation Design.
- Oversaw equipment, courseware, devices, and production of more than 100 video games.
Prior role as U.S. Navy Commander (Retired) Naval Flight Officer (F-4 / F-14).
Ph.D. Applied Management & Decision Sciences
M.S. Organizational Learning
George Mason University
U. S. Naval Academy